Trinicenter Trinidad News Pantrinbago Rastafari Times RaceandHistory
USCrusade.comWar and Terror News Forum
Homepage 9/11 »  PALESTINE »  IRAQ »  Latest News
Liars
Create a Profile to post links to news items or comments.

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

Re: The Future

Posted By: Craig Jones
Date: 13, September 05, at 6:09 p.m.

In Response To: Re: The Future (Reg)

Actually Reg, I am almost forty. I was just too high and drunk for nigh unto thrity-five years, so I never really thought about much, except my next drink.
Then these last couple of years I have taken a sober direction in life, and, well, from what I see, hitting the bottle again often seems like the grandest of ideas. But, I cannot! The life I have been graced yet to life I must do all that I can with, and I am going to need all the wits I have left about me.
I was so damned busy being an ugly creature, and I am ashamed, grievously ashamed. . .
I am sure that you noticed in my story, The Future, there seemed to be a serious Christian bent, yet you notice that there is no Scripture quoted. That is because my story is predicated upon what I understand of the message of Jesus Christ, that being, essentailly, to love one another.
I do not think we need to get into the "you must accpet Jesus, or be infernally damned thing," or, that one must love God with all of their heart, mind, and soul, because, I truly believe that if we could all actually put our fellow mans' needs and desires before our very own, that would be the greatest gift we could ever give to God, that would be the greatest form of worship we could give. As I understand things, we are in a dynamic and lively relationship with our Creator, and what does a friend do for a friend, he gives Him something wonderful and unexpected, perhaps one even gives Him something even He did not see, something like, whoa, a universal will to love one another (omigod, am I sounding like Deepak?). I could expain more, but, to continue. . .
People say "what!" to that notion, how can I put another before my very own self, and indeed, it would be a monumental task, our minds on an individual and collective basis would truly have to transform; I have given this matter much thought, and it would be a herculean task, but we could do it, we could, we, we. Then when you throw in the no private property thing, "they" then want to say, "so you are a Commie," and so on. I know people freak out with the no owership thing, I mean even poor people say "what!" I am not going to attempt to explain it right now, but, I believe we could truly do this; this world could be wonderful. If humanity is to morally progress, if we are to continue "progressing" at all, the greatest changes must occur, changes that unitl this 21st century had never before been possilbe, daunting, aye, perhaps an all but hopeless dream, aye perhaps; but if a man can no longer even dream, then truly what hope hath he left: NONE.
You are right about the power, and money, and most expecially guns thing. There would be lawyers, CEOs, and soldiers across the land that would, without hesitation, kill us all, and I have no doubt of that. I suppose the true question is would a government of four million people, kill the other two hundred and ninety six million of us just to keep power? (Don't answer that, we both probably will not like the conclusion we come to. . . )
But, you know what Reg, the more that people cannot even afford to put gas in their car, are left without health insurance, or any insurance, and more and more laws oppress the middle/working/and poor classes, oppress us, maybe this revolution will one day occur, perhaps even one day soon; I do so pray it does!
Lastly, to your comment about religion, my reply is, "I hear ya!" People want to keep on talking about Muslim extremists, my God, when you have mainstream religious leaders in this nation calling for political assasination, what is that, a Christian brotherhood of love? Seriously though, the religious powers that be in this nation, starting from good old Cotton Mather and Co., and their divine right to kill anybody is absolutely mind-boggling, and terribly scary. . .
That is why I have basically gotten sober by myself, AA has too much of a Christian theme to it, and it seems once people get sober, they replace their old addictions with new ones, more than usually self-righteous ones at that.
We are all brothers and sisters, Judaist, Muslim, Buddhist, Christian. . .
I do not understand what the problem is, o, that is right, we must Christianize the world, through the power of nuclear bombs if necessary, to bring about the return of Christ. . .
I do not know how Christianity came to this conclusion, but it is not the conclusion I come to from reading Scripture.
I guess it is a to be announced kind of revelation for all of us one day right (har har har)

Don't get down brother, but believe me, I get really down too. Literally, sometimes I just sit here and cry, I just get so damn sad. . .
We have to keep fighting the good fight though Reg. We cannot let the mega-corporations, and enriched politicians and lawyers, and religious fanatics win (ok, I am getting depressed).

Let us keep the conversation alive Reg!!!

Messages In This Thread

The Future
Craig Jones -- 3, September 05, at 10:22 p.m.
Reg -- 13, September 05, at 1:03 p.m.
Craig Jones -- 13, September 05, at 6:09 p.m.

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

US Crusade Forum is maintained by Administrator with US Crusade 5.12.
Trinicenter Int. | Venezuela | 9/11 Home | Latest News | Sources | Search | Homepage

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

U.S.Crusade.com is a 100% non-profit Website.